Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Deep into a creative mind


Last week I interviewed a girl about her creative process. Her name is Caroline Duncan, and she is your above average creative individual. Caroline lives in Dallas, Texas and is taking a photography class at SMU.
I loved Caroline's photos and I thought she had a very unique way of taking pictures, an original creative DNA. I tried to get details on this, and Caroline described herself as a very relaxed and modern photographer. I asked her if her personality relates to her photography and she enthusiasticly replied "Yes, definitely! I'm usually reserved and you can tell because i dont have any wild or crazy pictures. I stick to straight clean lines!"
Caroline first started photography under her mother's influence. Her mom is a photographer in her free time, and one day Caroline went with her mom to shoot a high school grduation."I had a great time and I've been interested in photography ever sine!".Caroline doesn't have a specific ritual but she loves to move around alot during her time taking photos to capture all of her favorite subjects like stairs and buildings.

I asked Caroline her opinions on good photos,creativity, and creative pictures. Caroline told me she likes color and natural lighting in her photos. She tends to use photoshop as an important tool. Caroline explained that in her opinion a creative picture is completly not plain and has things that stand out. In order to be creative Caroline says , you cannot ever limit yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment