Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I can't let you in.




I feel like i have a protective shell around me.
Im on the inside ready to come out and explore, ready to move into a bigger shell
But my shell is on the outside not ready to open, not ready to let me go.
I feel like my shell is trying to protect me from going out and finding heart break
From letting something in to break my heart
At times i feel like im ready to open my shell to you
But my shell is too afraid of what you will do
So if at times you think im too shy or afraid to let you in
its because my shell has been broken before
Every time it breaks it gets stronger
My shell is as strong as it can be
Its not ready to open or trust, there's no way for you to get in
there's no way for me to get out
its too strong to fight all at once.

2 comments: