Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Sweet Dreams

Dreams, we have them every night. There are good dreams and bad dreams. I personally rarely get dreams and the chances of me remembering them are even rarer! A part of being creative is to explore your inner emotions, your inner self.A big way to do that is to analyze your deams which usually come from deep in your sub conscious, your emotions, worries, and deep thoughts. When i first came to the TAG program i was challenged to keep a dream journal. At first i was pretty excited to be able to analyze my dreams, explore my subconscious, and write about them. That feeling lasted about three days.I had a lucky run in remembering my dreams , but soon i started to rarely remember my dreams! .The first of the three weeks i was at TAG i had multiple dreams of clocks. i looked it up in a dream website and realized that the reason was because "the clock signifies the importance of time in some waking situation. You may be feeling some anxiety of not being on top of things. Your mind may be preoccupied with a deadline that you have to meet or some other time-sensitive issue. It is time for you to tread on and speed up your actions. Alternatively, clocks symbolize the ticking of the human heart and thus is indicative of the emotional side of your life."
I realized it was because i was very worried about how long i would be in a strange world away from home. Also the days that I had my clock dreams I had actually had a bunch of homework due the next day. I realized soon that there was nothing to be worried about. Three weeks is not a long time and I'm having a lot of fun here. My clock dreams soon stopped and were replaced by dreams of my friends from home and my friends here at TAG. I know that my dreams symbolize that while i do miss my friends back home, I really love the friends i made at TAG and without them i would be lost. You should try and write about yuor dreams. This habit helps you out a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment